The Brandon Community Development Department provides planning, zoning, building, and code compliance services to the community. We focus on improving livability, economic vitality, safety, and property values through active engagement in proactive planning, development review, and code enforcement. Our main goal is making Brandon an EXCEPTIONAL COMMUNITY IN WHICH TO LIVE, WORK AND PLAY.
What Services Do We Provide?
- Building – Provide building permits, development review, and inspection services for all new construction, additions, and remodels within Brandon to ensure compliance with City ordinances and building codes for safe and habitable structures.
- Code Enforcement– Eliminate nuisances detrimental to the health, safety, convenience, and general welfare of the citizens – on private property within Brandon – such as waste accumulation, unsanitary conditions, abandoned vehicles, and noxious weeds.
- Planning and Zoning – Provide for the coordinated and harmonious development of Brandon, which will, in accordance with present and future needs, best promote health, safety, order, convenience, prosperity and general welfare, as well as efficiency and economy.
- Adopted Plans – Access the Brandon Comprehensive Plan and Brandon Downtown Plan.
- Resources – Your one-stop shop for codes, ordinances, map, applications, fees, and frequently asked questions. Find out which forms you’ll need for your proposed development, download a Development Review Packet and related forms, and review the associated fees.