City of Brandon
2014 Christmas Parade
Sponsored by Mayor’s Youth Council
“Christmas at the North Pole”
Friday, December 5, 2014- 7:00 p.m.
Prize Money Awarded:
1st place – $500.00
2nd place – $300.00
3rd place – $200.00
It’s time for another Brandon Christmas Parade Friday, December 5th starting at 7 PM. Bring your chairs, line the streets and enjoy the pageantry of Christmas at the North Pole.
If you are interested in having a float in the parade please fill out the form to the right.
Official Parade Rules
1. Please note that trailers for floats may NOT exceed 40 feet in length and that NO PORTION of any entry, including costumes, may exceed 12 feet in height. There will be NO exceptions to this rule.
2. Parade entry registration shall be accepted in writing, via this form, the 2014 Brandon Christmas Parade Float Registration Form, or online entries through the City of Brandon website only. Please have application submitted by Wednesday, November 26, 2014.
3. All floats must be lined up at Brandon Middle School (S. College St.) by 6:15 p.m.
4. Judging will take place during the parade route. If your float wins, you will be asked to report back to BMS parking lot to collect prize money.
5. A member of the parade committee will line floats in a first come, first serve basis or in any order they deem necessary. Committee members will have the authority to remove any entry causing a delay, violating official parade rules, or failing to cooperate.
6. All floats must correspond with parade theme to be considered for judging.
7. NO participants can walk in parade, except members of the Brandon High School Band. Everyone must ride on a float or in a vehicle. Riding in the bed of trucks will NOT be allowed.
8. NO Mr. or Mrs. Santa Claus in the parade. They will be provided by the City of Brandon Parade Committee only.
9. Candy may be SAFELY given or tossed to the parade spectators.
10. Please provide signage, visible on both sides of unit, with organization’s name or title. Signs must be in good taste, or they will be disallowed.
11. Motorcyclists are asked to use the utmost caution, and follow instructions. No “showing out”.
12. These rules are subject to change on short notice. Failure to comply with the parade rules will result in unit member or entire unit removal from the parade and/or future participation banning.
2014 Christmas Holiday Events
Brandon In Motion 5K non-competitive Fun Run With Santa on Dec. 6th at Shiloh Park in Brandon. Starting at 8 a.m. Registration information available through Brandon City Hall, contact Lori Farrar at 601.706.2609 for more information. This race will NOT be timed. Have you ever wondered if you could run a 5K? Now is your chance, sign up today.
Children under 14 FREE, adults $15.00, couples $25.00.
Deadline to register is November 29th. Pictures with Santa included.
On Saturday, December 13th, there will be a tour of three 1930s homes and a display of antique cars in Brandon’s Historic District, a show of 1930s quilts and antique locks at the Brandon Library, and an Open House on the Square, with Santa Claus in an antique 1958 Edsel to meet the kids!
Tour Tickets are $10 at the Brandon Library, Brandon City Hall, and several downtown stores. A drawing will be held for ticket holders for original artwork by local artists. The proceeds will be used to reserve and restore historic sites in Brandon. Details can be found at www.cityofbrandon.net.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Christal Jenkins, Media Contact
Jan Harrell, Christmas Tour Chairman
Event sponsored by the Brandon Historic Preservation Commission, Brandon and Rankin County Historical and Genealogy Societies, Hometown Brandon Magazine, City of Brandon, McGraw Rental, and supported